Altapure Core Advantages
Altapure Core Advantages
* 100% KILL: Spores * Bacteria * Viruses ™
* RAPID - Less than 45 minute cycle (Entry to Exit - common patient room).
* OCCUPY - Patients can IMMEDIATELY occupy the room upon cycle completion.
* Low % - Only 0.88 % H2O2 & 0.18 % PAA.
1) Immediate Room Use (explained): After the less than 45 minute treatment cycle, for a common patient room, the treated room or space can be immediately occupied by the patient. This is due to the following:
• Very low percentage of Altacare ® cold sterilant that is needed and used.
• The low D-Value for the process.
• The extremely small sub-micron aerosol droplets that are used to deliver the Altacare ® cold sterilant to the targeted surfaces.
• Altapure's Air Reprocessor ™ / Air Filtering System (located within the AP-4 ™)
* Please see: Process Time & Spore Reduction Importance (D-Value)
* Please see: Aerosol Liquid & Process Safety
2) Rapid & Complete Spore Elimination: Altapure's high-level disinfection system delivers a complete kill of spores, bacteria, and viruses, in less than 10 minutes of exposure. It also demonstrates both clinically and in independent laboratory testing, safe and rapid “Total Kill” and “No Growth”, for spores, viruses, and vegetative bacteria, such as but not limited to: Clostridium difficile (C. difficile), Acinetobacter baumanii, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, VRE, MRSA, Bacillus atrophaeus, Geobacillus stearothermophilus, and Polio virus. Common patient rooms are processed in less than one (1) hour, start to finish.
* Please see: Test Results & Efficacy
3) Agent Independent: The Altapure ultrasonic system can aerosolize various agents including PAA, Fertilizers, Pesticides, Hydrogen Peroxide, Chemical Decontamination / Neutralizing compounds, etc.. Altapure's aerosol delivery technology is not limited to a single agent, unlike systems such as vaporized hydrogen peroxide (VHP), or other Hydrogen Peroxide based systems. This feature provides the flexibility to aerosolize future chemical agents.
4) Temperature Independent: The process can operate well below 45 F degrees and above 90 F degrees. The process has shown to be effective at temperatures above freezing and below the boiling point of PAA. It is efficacious below 15 C and above 35 C.
5) Large Space Capable: Altapure's system can treat 105 meters cubed (48 ft. semi trailer) in less than one (1) hour total time with a single machine. Because the components are scalable, a product can also be constructed to meet virtually any space demand. The treated space is safe to enter within 20-30 minutes following aerosolation. The treated space can safely and rapidly self evacuate with an exhaust air system. However, it is preferred, for confined spaces, that the customer utilize Altapure's proprietary Air Reprocessor ™ / Air Filtering System (located inside the AP-4 ™).
6) Low Chemical Concentration of Active Ingredients: The deposited microfilm is comprised of:
Peroxyacetic Acid = 0.18%
Hydrogen Peroxide = 0.88%
Distilled Water: 98.58% (Total Inert Ingredients: 98.94%)
Total = 100.0%
This deposited microfilm is fully biodegradable and environmentally friendly. The microfilm that is deposited will evaporate leaving no residue. This film of Peroxyacetic Acid (PAA) will safely convert and completely degrade into: water vapor, oxygen, and a faint odor of vinegar, during the conversion of this moisture to the vapor phase. No residue remains.
7) Material Compatible: The deposited microfilm of PAA is very dilute (98.58% water) and has been shown to not effect materials found in the typical hospital setting including wheelchairs, IV poles, and electronic equipment such as computers, printers, scanners, monitors, etc. PAA is used to disinfect endoscopes and is currently used in hospitals to clean various surfaces by the “dip-wipe-and-drop” method. PAA has been widely used for over twenty (20) years in the health care industry.
8) Power Supply: The technology can be configured to operate on 120 VAC - 20 amps, or 220 VAC. Only one (1) power source or electrical socket, is necessary for operation. It can be operated at any location in the world.
9) Droplet Density and Size: Altapure's technology was engineered to produce a robust dense cloud of sub-micron sized aerosol droplets. The average droplet size of Altapure's generated aerosol fog is 0.69 microns. The AP-4's ™ PLC or logic controller, can control the droplet size of the aerosol output, if that functionality is required.
10) Agent Versatile Process: Altapure's dispersal system can be configured for dual chemical output from the same piece of equipment, at any time, in any sequence, and at differing droplet sizes if necessary.
11) Agent Storage: PAA will remain stable up to one year if stored below (30 C) 86 degrees F.
12) Human Interface & Safety: While contact with the dispersed Altacare ® liquid is not encouraged, inadvertent contact will not have serious health consequences. Contact with skin, while not advised, has limited consequences. Repeated contact with PAA at the dispersed concentrations has shown no visible effects.
* Please see our section on Aerosol Liquid & Process Safety for more information.
13) Scalable: Because the technology was designed to be modular, it is fully scalable for large or small applications. A battery operated suitcase or backpack model is feasible. Modular construction allows for easy and quick field replacement of components without the need for skilled technicians. Multiple units can be simultaneously operated from one (1) remote control device(s) if needed.
14) Easy Remote Operation: Altapure's devices, including the AP-4 ™, are fully automated / robotic, and can be easily operated by one (1) individual with little training. The process is remotely controlled by proprietary software via transceivers and a "wireless tablet" control for the machine operator. All remote communications meet rigid FCC certifications and are accepted for use in all hospital environments. Multiple units may also be operated by a computer located miles from the actual site. The equipment is designed to be operated from outside the space to be treated. The operator is removed from the treatment space. The Altapure machines can be easily moved by one (1) individual from place to place.
15) Wireless Data Reporting: The AP-4 ™ is remotely operated using a small and lightweight, hand held "Control Tablet ™" that is touch screen activated. The Control Tablet can easily communicate via wireless communication with a PC for data and report downloads that can be used for validation and quality assurance purposes.
16) Government Regulatory Standards Compliant: Altapure's equipment is designed to meet stringent United States regulatory standards for use in industries such as, health care, pharmaceutical, and food production. The deployed liquid is in contact with food grade compliant polymers and stainless steel, within Altapure's devices. In addition, all exterior components and materials of Altapure's devices are also constructed from food grade compliant polymers and stainless steel. The AP-4 ™ system is engineered to operate in FDA and USDA controlled manufacturing and work environments.
17) End Products: The process ends green. There is no need for a catalytic converter as used by Bioquell’s VHP system, or other hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) “fogging” devices, to convert the aerosolized agent to harmless end products.
18) Government Regulation: Altacare ® is EPA approved for fogging as a part of regular cleaning and disinfecting procedures for hard room surfaces.
19) Patented Technology: Altapure has received at least sixteen (16) patents by the United States Patent Office to protect its intellectual property. Additional patents have also been filed.
20) Broad Industry Use: Altapure's products are designed for use in situations and industries such as, but not limited to: health care, life sciences, animal research, veterinary, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device manufacturing, clean rooms, laboratory, food production, food processing, mold remediation, HVAC cleaning, flood cleanup, disaster remediation, law enforcement, ambulance and fire (first response), pesticides, disaster assistance (ie: FEMA), civil defence, viral outbreaks, pandemic response, and military.